All University of Pittsburgh procurement activities are subject to the University’s policies and procedures. All University employees who initiate, influence or approve purchase and payment transactions are responsible for understanding and complying with University policies. These policies seek to:
- Achieve the best value purchases in a fair and impartial manner.
- Safeguard University assets from fraud and theft.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Advance the University’s goal of improving environmental performance.
- Provide opportunities to diversity suppliers.
COVID-19 Policies or Standards & Guidelines:
- Effective Monday, August 9, 2021:
- Effective until Monday, August 9, 2021:
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Providers
- For a full listing of the University's COVID-19 Standards & Guidelines, visit the Office of Policy Development and Management's site.
Purchase, Pay & Travel Policies
- Policy AO 06 Authority for Management of Procurement (formerly 05-02-14)
- Policy AO Required Use of Contracted Suppliers (formerly 05-02-15)
- Policy FN 05 Competitive Bidding (formerly 05-02-16)
- Policy FN 07 Purchasing Authority and Responsibilities (formerly 05-02-05)
- Policy FN 08 Directed or Sole Source Purchase Justification (formerly 05-02-17)
- Policy FN 09 Disbursement Requests (formerly 05-06-03)
- Policy FN 16 Payment Card Handling and Acceptance (formerly 05-11-02)
- Policy FN 17 Payment of Invoices (formerly 05-02-10)
- Policy FN 20 Procurement Card (formerly 05-02-12)
- Policy FN 23 Supplier Loaned Property (formerly 05-02-13)
- Policy FN 24 Taxes/Import Duty, Custom Regulations, and Exemptions (formerly 05-02-11)
- Policy FN 25 Textbooks, Instructional Materials, and Subscriptions (formerly 05-05-01)
- Policy FN 26 Travel Card (formerly 05-07-04)
- Policy FN 27 University Travel Advance (formerly 05-07-03)
- Policy FN 28 University Travel, Business Entertainment, Honoraria, and Miscellaneous Reimbursable Expenses (formerly 05-07-01)
- Policy FN 29 WePay stored Value Card (formerly 05-11-01)
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to a high standard of ethics and responsible stewardship in all endeavors, including those involving purchasing and payments. In addition to all University employees, suppliers and service providers play a vital role in upholding the University’s reputation for excellence and are expected to uphold high ethical standards and follow all applicable laws. Review the following policies:
- Policy FN 06 Conflict of Interest and Procurement Relationships (formerly 05-02-02)
- Policy FN 04 Code of Ethics (formerly 05-02-03)
- Policy FN 22 Supplier Code of Conduct (formerly 05-02-18)
- University of Pittsburgh Schools of Health Sciences Industry Relationship Policy
University-wide Policies and Procedures
For a full listing of University-wide Policies and Procedures, visit the Office of Policy Development and Management’s site. This listing includes all the above policies plus all other University-wide policies.