See latest COVID-19 impacts related to Purchasing, Payments & Travel
- Virtual conferences or event services
In order to use Accelevents for your virtual conference or event, please adhere to the following instructions:
For conference/events that are FREE for attendees: Accelevents offers an all-in-one virtual conference and event platform as long as the event is FREE to your attendees.
For conferences/events that require a credit card payment from attendees: Accelevents will not be allowed to handle registration and take payment. University of Pittsburgh Departments will need to complete registration for a virtual conference/event in one of two ways:
- If the department can manage registration and payment through their Pitt Merchant account, they can send the registration information, once processed on the University end, to Accelevents through a data download. For information about the process to become a Pitt Merchant visit ebusiness.pitt.edu/index.php. Please note that it takes 8 to 12 weeks to complete the overall approval process for becoming a Pitt Merchant.
- The University’s Conference Services Department offers a registration service through KX Registration that provides registration for all free and paid attendees in which the department would NOT need to become a Pitt Merchant. For more details about KX Registration, visit this page.
To Get Started Using Accelevents
- Sign up for an account with Accelevents through the Account Set-up.
- Once your event is set up, email (from your University email) the event url/hyperlink to Andrew Leighton (email@example.com) to have your account activated.
- Watch the Registration Set-up to learn how to set up registration (remember this is only allowed for registrants in which it will be free to attend the event).
- Use this link to set up your onboard training with Natashia Shields (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please have your event details ready and your entire team available so that training can be efficient.
- Review the Help Center articles to learn more about the Accelevents platform and how it can be used for your event.
- Execute Speaker/Participation Agreements for all virtual/hybrid conference speakers (more information in the Items to Note section below)
University of Pittsburgh
Payment for Accelevents Invoice
- Following your event, the Accelevents Invoice will be sent to the University email that was used to set up your account.
- Payment is due to Accelevents within 30 days of department's receipt of invoice.
- Use the “Other Payment Request” form in Panther Express to submit your invoice.
- Complete Parts A, C and D according to the instructions provided.
- Complete Part B (Business Purpose) according to the specifications below:
- Due Date – Enter the Invoice date
- Purpose of Other Payment Request – Choose “Other”
- Purpose of Payment - Enter (1) date of the event, (2) purpose of the event and (3) number of attendees for the event
- Due Date – Enter the Invoice date
Please contact Melissa Vrana, Senior Buyer, to request pricing information.
Items to Note
- If you require more information about how Accelevents can accommodate your event before getting started, email Andrew Leighton (email@example.com) to inquire.
- If social media posts will be part of your event, please note that a department needs to choose a representative to have full and complete back-end control of all social media integration. This University representative will have full control over items including, but not limited to, hashtags, posts (including the removal thereof), links, and filters. All posts should be reviewed by the University representative before they are made public.
- All events are automatically recorded and made available for on-demand viewing instantly. Following the event, all event materials, information, customer data, event content and recording, and any other information that was collected through the use of the Accelevents platform can be downloaded from the platform by the department in the electronic format of your choice for up to 30 days after the event.
- Since speakers will be recorded, the speaker's grant of permission and trasnfer of rights must be documented in writing using the Speaker/Participation Content Recording Agreement. During the onboard training, please make the Accelevents representative aware if the speaker wishes not to be recorded.
- Following the event, all event materials, information, customer data, event content and recording, and any other information that was collected through the use of the Accelevents platform can be downloaded from the platform by the department in the electronic format of your choice for up to 30 days after the event.
- Departments will need to have Accelevents use work arounds for closed captioning if it is required until Accelevents has updated their platform to allow for the closed captioning