See latest COVID-19 impacts related to Purchasing, Payments & Travel
America To Go
America To Go provides a punch-out site in the PantherExpress System for ordering catered food and beverages from local restaurants when paid for by the University in the following instances:
- Food is drop off only, ready to eat or boxed lunch style
- No clean-up is needed after the event
- No extra services are required, such as linens, waitstaff, alcohol, etc.
Through ATG you can order everything from breakfast and lunch to break service for on-campus meetings and events from a list of approved outside caterers and restaurants meeting the University’s insurance and business requirements. ATG orders can be delivered by or picked up from participating restaurants, depending on the options available from each vendor through the PantherExpress System punch-out.
ATG is customized to meet your department’s needs, including the following benefits:
- Customer Service and Account Management available 7 days/week - customer service, including live agents, to assist with change orders or other inquiries.
- Catering Options – ATG provides a variety of cuisines and service options from local caterers and restaurants. The University will continue to add to the curated list of approved catering providers.
- A User-Friendly Interface – The PantherExpress System provides a punchout to ATG’s easy-to-use website to order basic and customized catering orders with searchable menus, saved favorites, running invoice totals and accessible order history features.
- Improved Choice and Information – The ATG punchout includes filters, search functions, and reviews to help you find exactly the caterers or items you want.
- Support for Sustainability – ATG will seek out and highlight businesses that meet Pitt’s sustainability standards so you can more easily find and support them.
- Support for Pitt’s Diversity Initiatives – The ability to easily find and support businesses consistent with Pitt’s initiatives to utilize Small, Women-Owned and Minority-Owned Businesses.
- Eliminate Need for Interdepartmental Charges (IDC) – ATG orders will go through the same account code validation process as other suppliers and will be electronically invoiced through the PantherExpress System. You will have the ability to check the invoice payment status, invoice payment date and check number in the PantherExpress System.
Local Restaurants Available Through ATG
The restaurants available through the ATG punch-out are not only local, but many are also diverse businesses. Utilizing these restaurants contributes to the University’s goals, as part of the Plan for Pitt, to support the community and economic development by increasing spending with local and diverse businesses.
Currently the following local restaurants are available through ATG, and we are continuing to work on adding more options. Restaurant offerings include authentic and regional cuisine such as: American, international, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and pizza.
- Above and Beyond Catering
- African Cuisine LLC
- Aladdin's Eatery
- Asia Tea House
- Cafe on the Corner
- Elegant Edge Catering
- Gussy's Bagels & Deli
- Kyle;s Cakes N'at
- Pastoli's Pizza
- Pitt Catering Co
- Roux Orleans
- Roxanne's Catering
- Salem's Market & Grill
- Sciulli's Pizza
- Square Cafe
- Tastefully Blessed Catering
- Valkyrie Doughnuts
Note: the PantherExpress System should be referenced for the latest listing of participating local restaurants
America To Go Virtual Training Sessions
The America To Go Virtual Training sessions provide information about ATG's program including the participating vendors, when to use ATG and covers frequently asked questions. The sessions include a live training demo of ATG and conclude with a question and answer period.
University of Pittsburgh
- Review the User Guide and FAQ for detailed information about how to order through America To Go.
- An attendee list is required. Before submitting the order in the PantherExpress System, navigate to Internal Notes and Attachments to attach a copy of the Catering Attendee List. Select the edit icon and click the checkbox to confirm the required documentation is attached.
- When ordering catering for large groups or events, departments should utilize the procedures outlined on the Catering and Restaurant Procedures section of this page.