See latest COVID-19 impacts related to Purchasing, Payments & Travel
Charles River Laboratories
Submitted by JEM353 on January 21, 2021 - 5:57pmCommodity:
Scientific - Advisory ServicesClassification:
- Study services for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Compliant, non-clinical safety (i.e. pharmacology/toxicology or biocompatibility) studies.
- Assistance with preliminary design of GLP-compliant studies
- Purchase of GLP-compliant studies performed by CRL
For investigators seeking access to CRL’s Scientific Advisory Services for assistance in the preliminary design of GLP-compliant studies:
- Email (email@example.com) the Office for Investigator-Sponsored IND and IDE Support (Office of Research Protections) to complete a CRL Program/Science Review form and initiate contact with a CRL representative.
For the purchase of GLP-compliant studies performed by CRL:
- The investigator’s responsible department will email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate contact with a CRL representative so that a request can be made for a Statement of Work (SOW).
- CRL provides a quote for the SOW and, in the SOW, CRL specifically refers to the agreement as the governing terms for the quote.
- The department signs the SOW, verifying that the agreement has been properly cited.
- The department submits either a “non-catalog” form or a “blanket/standing order” form (i.e., if there will be recurring services wherein CRL will bill multiple times) to the Panther Express System. The signed SOW is attached to either form as an “External Attachment”. Note: there is no requirement to submit a Directed or Sole Source Justification Form (DSSIJF) or a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COLI).
- If the value of the SOW is less than $10,000, the department approves the requisition internally. Once the requisition is approved, a Panther Express purchase order is generated and sent to CRL along with the attached, signed SOW.
- If the value of the SOW is greater than $10,000, the department creates a requisition for routing to Purchasing Services, which reviews and approves the requisition. A Panther Express purchase order is generated and sent to CRL along with the attached, signed SOW.
- Upon receipt of the invoice, the department submits it to Payment Processing with the purchase order number clearly visible on the invoice.
University of Pittsburgh