We are excited to share that enhancements to the Contracts+ module in the PantherExpress System will be implemented at the end of next week and users need to be aware that Contracts+ will be unavailable for a short period. Review the following information to learn more about what this means for Contracts+ users, including dates when Contracts+ will be unavailable.
These enhancements will provide two contract request forms for the contract request process, which will be specific to the type of contract, instead of a singular request form. The addition of two forms is designed to provide the following benefits to Contracts+ users:
- Customize the two contract request forms so that each form is specific to the contract type: 1) conference and events; 2) all other contract types
- Improve the user experience with requesting contracts using Contracts+
- Address feedback we have received since the initial launch of Contracts+ in 2022
- Prevent potential delays in requesting/approving contracts due to returned requests because of fields that were not applicable dependent on the form type
Next steps & Important Dates:
- Contract Requesters and Contract Approvers will not be able to access Contracts+ beginning at 5pm on Wednesday, May 3, 2023 through Sunday, May 7, 2023. Contracts+ will be available to users again on the morning of Monday, May 8, 2023.
- It is important to note that all other aspects of the PantherExpress System, other than Contracts+, will still be accessible during this time.
- Contract requests must be submitted in Contracts+ and approved within your department by May 2, 2023 so that they can be approved by Purchasing Services before 5pm on May 3, 2023.
- If you have a contract request in the system that has not been submitted/approved within your department and approved by Purchasing Services before 5pm on May 3, 2023 then the Requester will need to submit a new contract request using one of the updated forms after May 8, 2023.
- After May 8, 2023, because there are now two separate contract request forms:
- If you had a contract request in the system that was not submitted/approved within your department (i.e. incomplete) and approved by Purchasing Services before 5pm on May 3, 2023 then the Requester will need to submit a new contract request using one of the updated contract request forms
- Users cannot copy previously submitted contract request forms using the singular form for future contract requests.\
- Review the two-page guide* which outlines the changes to Contracts+ as part of the enhancements and provides step-by-step instructions to request a contract.
- Training materials, including reference guides were updated on May 1, 2023, to reflect the enhancements to Contracts+ on the PantherExpress System Sharepoint site*.
*Accessing these links requires that you login to Pitt Passport.
If you have any questions related to Contracts+ or the information provided above, please contact Purchase, Pay & Travel Customer Service.