Purchase, Pay & Travel, which is a part of the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer, is pleased to award a new Platinum-level University-wide agreement to Fisher Scientific for scientific supplies and stockroom services which is effective January 1, 2023.
This new agreement is the result of an extensive, year-long project conducted in collaboration with a consulting firm and culminating in a competitive bidding process. Before awarding this agreement, the project team employed several mechanisms to obtain customer feedback, including surveys, stakeholder interviews across the Pittsburgh and regional campuses, as well as partnering with the Scientific Advisory Team (SAT) which is composed of key stakeholders from across the University’s scientific community.
While Fisher Scientific has been a University-wide Contracted Supplier for scientific supplies since 2010, this new seven-year agreement provides the overall best value to the University, including product cost savings of 5%. This agreement also provides the following enhanced benefits:
- Competitive pricing
- Free shipping & handling (except rush orders and white glove delivery)
- Local warehousing of commonly used products, available for next day delivery
- Support for sustainability initiatives through the Office of Sustainability
- Commitment to support purchasing through a local, diverse (Tier 1) business to support University diversity spend goals
Support for STEM initiatives
- Provide allowance of preventative maintenance and calibration services
- Enhancements to the Fisher Scientific punchout in the PantherExpress System
- Additional support staff and interns who are dedicated to the University
- Assisting with supplier consolidations when applicable to leverage existing terms and conditions for purchasing
- Prioritization during supply chain constraints
- Competitive bidding process satisfies requirements for Uniform Guidance
Visit this page for more information regarding Fisher Scientific, including how to place orders.
As a reminder, University Policy AO 30 requires the use of University-wide contracted suppliers, when available, for the product being purchased. University-wide contracted suppliers, such as Fisher Scientific, offer the best overall value to the University. In addition to discounted prices for the University's most frequently purchased items, University-wide contracted suppliers offer excellent service, direct, on-time and generally free delivery, no-hassle returns, a quick and easy paperless ordering and payment process through the PantherExpress System, and other important contractual protections for the University.
For any questions about the above information, please contact Purchase, Pay & Travel Customer Service.