Return to Travel Series
In early September, Purchase, Pay & Travel kicked off a Return to Travel Series. The goal of this virtual series is to provide information and resources to ensure a smooth transition as many University staff and faculty members begin to travel. The series will feature multiple travel-related topics, presented by the industry experts and University providers. The first two sessions were presented by University-wide Contracted Supplier for travel management, Anthony Travel. We are currently finalizing dates for some additional session.
To find the latest information, register for upcoming sessions, and view recordings or materials from the previous sessions, visit this page.
Travel and Expense Management Lunch and Learn
Join the Purchase, Pay & Travel team via Zoom for the Travel and Expense Management Lunch and Learn on Wednesday, October 2, 2021 from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm. We will review important information and training topics related to the travel and expense management program. This session will cover frequently asked questions for payment processing, the Concur system, and travel topics, concluding with a question and answer period.
How to Register:
- Register here. Registration is free, but is required in order to receive the Zoom meeting information.
- You will receive an email with an attachment to add the event to your Outlook calendar.
Please review the following important information:
- You must join the event using your University Zoom account.
- A recording of the session will be available following the event, on our website.
Important Guidance: Booking Travel & Managing Expenses to Ensure Reimbursement
As we have previously shared, the University released revised COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines which went into effect on August 9, 2021. As you may remember, the University's COVID-19 Standards & Guidelines were approved by the Healthcare Advisory Group and the appropriate Sr. Vice Chancellors early in the pandemic. All travelers are highly encouraged to take a few moments to review these revised guidelines as not following the guidance can result in not being reimbursed. Key items include:
- All University travel must be booked through Concur/Anthony Travel or the traveler will not be reimbursed.
- The University’s Travel Card Must be used for all domestic and international travel expenses paid by the University.
To discuss these guidelines in greater detail please join our next Travel and Expense Management Lunch and Learn session on October 6.
Concur Training Resources
After a long hiatus from travel many travelers and department administrators may need to refresh and familiarize themselves with the Concur travel and expense tool. Please take a moment and visit the Concur training section of our website. There are various resources located here, including this video that walks travelers through creating itineraries and per diems.
Expense Report Processing Reminders
- Reminder to all those registering for in-person conferences, please wait until you have returned from the conference to submit your registration and any travel expenses you may incur on one single report.
- Hotels being booked for conferences are allowed to be booked outside of Concur/Anthony Travel using the conference provided booking link. The University recognizes this is likely the lowest price. When expensing your hotel charges, you must explain in the comment section of the expense that the conference link was used for the booking. Not including this note could result in delays with processing the expense.
- Airfare which is part of the Unused Airline Ticket Bank should not be added to expense reports. These are allocated at the end of each month on the back end.
Purchase, Pay & Travel Customer Service is Available By Phone
As you may be aware, Purchase, Pay & Travel (PPT) Customer Service has been unable to accept live phone calls in recent months due to staff shortages, though they have still been available via online inquiry and returning phone messages. We are pleased to share that beginning Friday, October 1, 2021, the PPT Customer Service team will resume accepting live phone calls. PPT Customer Service is available to assist with questions related to making purchases or payments, booking travel, and managing expenses.