Since travel is beginning to resume, this email is intended to remind all travelers to review the COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines related to travel that remain in effect as well as important information for University Travel Card Cardholders.
COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines for Travel
On September 30, 2020 the University published the COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines: Travel Management. These guidelines, which were approved by the Healthcare Advisory Group and the appropriate Sr. Vice Chancellors, continue to govern travel until further notice since the state of the pandemic varies by regions of the US and internationally.
Please note that the guidelines do not allow for exceptions and thus failure to adhere to these guidelines can result in not being reimbursed for travel expenses. Key items include:
- All travel, including airfare and car rental expenses, paid by the University must be booked through Concur / Anthony Travel. The traveler will not be reimbursed for travel booked outside of Concur/Anthony Travel unless they present evidence with their expense report that extenuating circumstances prevented access to Concur or the ability to contact Anthony Travel.
- The University’s Travel Card must be used for all domestic and international travel expenses paid by the University. Visit this page to learn more about the Travel Card and its benefits.
- Changes to non-personal international travel made outside of Concur/Anthony Travel should be added manually in the International SOS MyTrips portal.
- All travel itineraries paid for by another host institution must be registered manually.
Additionally, the University’s managed travel program has required methods for booking and procuring travel arrangements:
- University Policy AO 30 requires the use of University-wide Contracted Suppliers such as Anthony Travel, when available, for the service being purchased. Through Anthony Travel and/or the Concur system, travelers can purchase airfare, hotels, and care rentals at University-negotiated discounts.
- Enterprise and National are our preferred contracted car rental providers. Preferred contracted airlines are American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. Visit this page for more information.
- Expense reports must be submitted through Concur within 30 days of the end of your trip to be eligible for reimbursement.
For complete details please visit the University's COVID-19 Standards and Guidelines page.
University Travel Cards
University Travel Card cardholders receiving either a new card or renewal card must first activate the card by calling the number on the sticker on the front of the card. It is important to activate your new/renewal card as soon as you receive it because University Travel Cards are automatically uploaded in the Concur system by Citizens Bank, but they still require activation. If your card has not been activated beforehand, travel bookings will be rejected in the Concur system.
Renewal cards are typically mailed to the cardholder’s campus mailing address. If you are working remotely and have not yet changed your address with Citizens Bank then you should check your campus mailbox for the renewal card. If the card is still unable to be located, cardholders should contact Citizens Bank directly to have another card issued to the appropriate address (home or office). Visit this page for information about contacting Citizens Bank.
For questions, contact Purchase, Pay & Travel Customer Service.