To comply with the University's COVID-19 Standards & Guidelines: Travel Management: the University Travel Card must be used for all domestic and international travel expenses paid by the University, wherever the card is accepted; all travel paid by the University must be booked through Concur or Anthony Travel.
Anthony Travel is the University's contracted Travel Management Company, working in conjunction with Concur, a cloud application used for booking travel, to provide you full support for hassle-free business travel.
Benefits of Booking with Anthony Travel
In addition to the integration with Concur, booking with Anthony Travel offers a variety of benefits to University Travelers:
- Dedicated best-in-class travel assistance
- On-site agents
- 24-hour assistance including after hours, holiday, and emergency travel support from dedicated travel agents
- Is focused solely on higher education travel (general travel, group travel, athletics, etc.)
- Strong understanding of University requirements
- Provides experienced integrated travel management through Concur
- Access to Anthony Travel negotiated travel discounts with airlines, hotels, and car rentals in addition to Enterprise car rental insurance.
- Provides a single source for all travel needs
- Visa and passport services
- Provides e-Travel Advisories
- Provides automatic travel itinerary registration:
- For domestic travel, Concur provides emergency contact storage, domestic travel alerts, and allows the University to provide necessary safety guidance to faculty, staff, and student employees.
- International travel registration with International SOS (ISOS) provides an additional level of alerts as well as international response protocols, and support for global medical, security and logistical emergencies without having to contact campus first. ISOS benefits do not apply when traveling to your home country.
- Allows the transfer of unused tickets to another individual, eliminating additional costs to the department if the original traveler can no longer travel
- Unused airline tickets booked through Concur or AT, cancelled due to COVID-19 and set to expire in Spring 2020 were extended through Anthony Travel's airline relationships.
Obtain a Request ID through Concur
Before contacting Anthony Travel, obtain a Request ID through Concur’s Request feature. For agent assisted bookings, create a Request using Option 3 for How will you travel? Enter the trip details and submit the request. You can then contact Anthony Travel with the Request ID number with links to the traveler's Concur profile.
All trips must have a Request ID. When booking online in Concur, by starting in Travel, an auto-generated Request form will display at the end of the booking. The Request must then be submitted to complete the booking. If the request is not completed, the reservations will not be completed.
Anthony Travel Fee Structure
|Purchase Airline Ticket - Domestic||$25||$10|
|Purchase Airline Ticket - International||$25||$10|
|Reissue Airline Ticket - Domestic||$25||N/A|
|Reissue Airline Ticket - International||$25||N/A|
|Refund Airline Ticket||$0||$0|
|Hotel and Car Reservation||$0||$0|
Ticket Reissue Fee
After purchasing an airline ticket, if a traveler changes a reservation and it becomes necessary to reissue the original ticket for the new itinerary, a fee will be charged to reissue the original ticket. You must call an agent to have an airline ticket reissued. This cannot be done in the online booking tool.
Fee Assessment and Reporting
The booking fee will be assessed at the same time that airfare is booked and will be charged on a separate line item. When processing your expense report, please use expense type booking fees. This will not require a receipt. However, you can view the charge on your itinerary.
Preferred Payment Method
The preferred method of payment to book travel is the Travel Card, which is automatically loaded into your Concur profile when the card is issued and will be labeled as Corporate Card. Anthony Travel does not have an alternative method for which you can charge your airfare, hotels, and car rentals (i.e. the University is no longer using ghost cards with back-end reconciliation to allocate charges). A credit card must be provided.
Athletics & Team Travel
The University has partnered with Anthony Travel to provide high-quality, dedicated travel service for our athletics teams. Regional Campus Athletics and Oakland Campus Athletics are served by different dedicated representatives; for details and contact information, please see below.
The University does not currently offer fan, family, or alumni travel services.
General Travel Inquiries
Travel arrangements for general travel for recruiting or conferences can be booked on the Concur online booking tool or with the general campus agents that are located on the Pittsburgh campus.
Regional Campus Athletics
Regional campus team travel can be coordinated through Maya Borski, the dedicated Anthony Travel representative for regional campus athletics.
There is a $25 per ticket fee for all airline bookings. Lodging and ground transportation arrangements are not subject to fees.
Pittsburgh Campus Athletics
Pittsburgh campus athletics department travelers should contact one of the the following two Anthony Travel agents for all individual and team travel bookings.